Wholesale Liquidation Ecommerce: What Is It?
What is wholesale liquidation Ecommerce and more importantly how can it benefit your online business? Find out.
Whether you own a retail store, ecommerce site, or have a booth at your local flea market, buying items in bulk is most likely at the heart of your business model. When purchasing items in bulk, you can receive goods at a price either at or below market value. In return, you’ll be able to sell these items at a higher price to make a profit.
If you run an ecommerce business, one way to supply your inventory is through wholesale liquidation sales. Through wholesale liquidation sales, you can find bargain deals on supplies you need and then sell them for profit. Throughout this post, we’ll go over what wholesale liquidation ecommerce is, why it’s beneficial, and how to bring your online company to the next level.
What is wholesale liquidation ecommerce?
Wholesale liquidation ecommerce is when you buy large amounts of liquidation or clearance merchandise to increase your profit margins and save time and money. Whether you run an ecommerce site on trading platforms like eBay or Amazon or created a website for your ecommerce business, wholesale liquidation sales can keep your inventory full.
What exactly are clearance and liquidation sales? Clearance sales, also known as overstock sales, are sales on items that need to be cleared out to make room for new inventory. Clearance sales also pop up when businesses receive too much inventory and they need to sell it to get their money back. Clearance items are typically in brand-new condition with their original price tags and packaging.
Liquidation sales, on the other hand, occur when a business or retail establishment closes its doors. This doesn’t always mean a company is going out of business—sometimes, a business liquidates its inventory because they’re moving locations and don’t want to deal with transporting large amounts of inventory. Similar to clearance items, liquidated merchandise typically comes in brand-new condition with their original price tags and packages.
Side by side, however, liquidated sales often offer better deals. This is because when businesses are liquidating their merchandise, everything must go, so prices drop significantly to clear their shelves. Many large retailers, like Walmart, Big Lots, and Target, are known for their wholesale clearance and liquidation sales. So, keeping your eye out for truckloads of Walmart liquidation merchandise can help you bring in some big bucks.
Benefits of buying wholesale liquidation merchandise
There are many reasons why you might want to buy wholesale liquidation merchandise to fuel your ecommerce business. Some of the top benefits of wholesale liquidation merchandise include:
- Higher Profits: One of the main benefits of shopping for wholesale items is that it can help increase your profit margins. When you buy a truckload of merchandise, you’re sourcing inventory directly from a merchandiser, who offers greater savings compared to buying a single pallet of merchandise.
- Reduced Shipping Costs: Another cost-saving benefit of shopping wholesale is that you greatly reduce your shipping costs. If you source directly from a major retailer, like Amazon or Walmart, you can get entire truckloads of inventory. With an entire truck filled with products, it all ships simultaneously in one truck, which is more cost-efficient than buying a single pallet from multiple retailers.
- Untouched Merchandise: Consumers don’t want to buy touched, used, or damaged goods. As an ecommerce business, you can get brand-new merchandise at a fraction of the cost in brand-new condition when shopping wholesale. Through wholesale liquidation providers, you won’t have to worry about middlemen cherry-picking through items and reducing their value.
- High-Quality Merchandise: Because wholesale liquidation merchandise comes untouched, it maintains its high-quality and brand-new charm. Without intermediaries sorting through merchandise before you, you can have peace of mind knowing the wholesale merchandise you buy from major retailers and businesses is in tip-top shape.
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons why shopping wholesale can be beneficial for your ecommerce business. By doing so, you can find affordable merchandise that can be resold for a profit and keep your customers coming back for more.
Growing your ecommerce business
Now that you know what wholesale liquidation ecommerce is and why it’s beneficial, it’s time to bring your online business to the next level. With your inventory fully stocked, whether it be with apparel, tools, furniture, or home decor, here are some tips for growing your ecommerce business:
- Social Media: Social media is a powerful tool. Through social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, you can connect with your customers, reach a broader audience, and share new updates about product launches and new merchandise. Even better, social media is completely free! With a thorough social media marketing campaign, you can reel in new customers, create giveaways and raffles to boost engagement, and respond to reviews and comments to grow brand trust.
- Email Marketing: As an ecommerce business, almost all of your business is done behind a screen. While email marketing might seem outdated, it continues to be one of the most powerful tools for reaching customers. Through email marketing, you can send newsletters, do giveaways, and send weekly or monthly updates and promotions.
- Website Design: If you want customers to visit and stay on your site, website design is crucial. To improve user experience, it’s important to have two website templates: one for desktop and one for mobile. This way, mobile users will be able to access your site without slow page speeds or a faulty web design that’s not compatible with their smartphone. You’ll also want to focus on writing detailed product descriptions, keeping up with consistent blog posts, and improving your site’s overall SEO value.
Wholesale liquidation ecommerce can be an extremely rewarding and lucrative endeavor if done correctly. There are many benefits to purchasing wholesale merchandise for your ecommerce site, such as increasing your profit margin and having access to high-quality items. And to grow your ecommerce site, it’s important to focus on a variety of marketing initiatives to reach more customers, such as using social media channels to interact with leads and email marketing to keep current customers up to date.