Menu Close

Is Mobile App Development the Future of Digitization?

Mobile App development is helping businesses streamline processes by automating sales and order, communication, and in-house management processes easier.

Mobile App Development

So what is the future of app development?

Digitization refers to the process of the movement of analog and physical systems into computerized ones. This is something that both businesses and consumers have seen increasingly over the past few decades. This has been revolutionary for everyone.

 

For consumers, this digital revolution means that they’re faced with new opportunities to make their experience with companies more enjoyable. As for businesses, this change means adapting to keep profits high and customers satisfied. It has also led to the development of B2B tech-related businesses such as cybersecurity and app development.

 

On the topic of app development, the work that a mobile app development service offers represents the forward movement of this digitization. In fact, mobile apps are one of the most modern forms of digitization and how it’s trending forward.

 

It’s Digital Rather Than Physical

digital

The most obvious way that an app makes a difference from the traditional is that it’s easy to access and it doesn’t require any extensive extra effort on the part of the consumer. For instance, they don’t need to run to a department store if they don’t want to. Instead, they can order anything they need through an app on their phone and they don’t even need to leave the comfort of their own home.

 

This is obviously a level of convenience that consumers appreciate.

According to TechCrunch, 79% of people in the United States shop online rather than regularly visiting their favorite brick-and-mortar stores.

 

A big draw to the digital revolution is that it offers a lot of conveniences. It has caught on and continues to grow because it makes consumers’ lives much easier.

It Symbolizes Forward Movement

 

Of course, digitization didn’t start with apps. Once upon a time, a business having a website wasn’t only enough but it was cutting edge as well. Today, a business without a simple online presence is considered an outlier and is likely to suffer for that perceived abnormality.

 

Now, that basic need is moving on to include apps. In fact, recent research focused on the idea of mobile apps vs. websites found that most mobile users spend only 10% of their time on their web browser while the other 90% of that time went to browsing apps. This clearly shows that the interest in apps is on the rise.

 

This trend is because mobile apps are typically faster, more versatile, and easier to command than a website. They’re also usually packed with app-specific features that other business arms, like a website, don’t offer.

Apps Give the Company Unique Advantages

 

advantage of apps

 

Apps offer a certain level of intimacy to the relationship between a business and consumer because it sets up a fairly direct line of contact. This means that a company can utilize this line of contact to drum up business.

 

One of the main facets that apps are usually focused on is retention.
This is where features such as push notifications come into play. The storage of personal file information on an app compared to the anonymity of a website visit also helps to personalize a customer’s experience on the app. In addition, the simple existence of the business’s icon on the consumer’s phone is a reminder in and of itself. Even if they go a day or two without opening the app and making a purchase, the company is still in their periphery rather than out of mind entirely.

 

The market for mobile apps is one that is growing daily. They have become a crucial tool for businesses as they need to connect with consumers, retain their business, and generally stay technically relevant in a highly digitized world.

1 Comment

  1. Karina

    Hi Steve, thanks for your article. I think, that it is very important to not just RELY on digitalization … and so ‘apps & app-developement’ … I believe that human connection becomes more and more important when it comes to bonding and working with people / customers / companys. Although you are right on the other hand of course thta many processes can be automated or transformend, accelerated with apps. I think it’s important to ses that.
    Best regards from Germany, Karina

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *