Website Branding: How to Properly Brand Your Website
Effective website branding determines whether or not a potential customer will click and convert, so understanding how to properly brand your website for users should be important to you.
Website branding is an integral part of digital marketing. It is the key to gaining customer trust in your business, elevating your ROI, and creating brand recognition and loyalty.
The design and branding of your website has a significant impact on how people view your business. Your website is the hub of your company’s lead generation, so it has do do a lot more than just give an overview of who you are. A large percentage of web users admit to judging a business’ credibility based on its website design. This blog will give you information on why you need a well branded website, as well as some tips on branding your website to make sure you get the most out of your website and branding efforts.
The Importance of a Well Branded Website
As we know, the look and feel of your website has a big impact on your visitors. Someone may be interested in your product, but not trust your site because the branding is inconsistent and it isn’t easy to navigate. A well-branded website has the power to:
- Create an excellent first impression. When a visitor lands on your website, it only takes about three seconds to form an opinion about it. If the site is well-designed with the right colors and simple UX, it is more likely to create a perfect first impression.
- Promote conversion rates. A well-branded website portrays professionalism, expertise, and reliability. The feel and look of your website, load speed, content, and navigation menus significantly affect user behavior. Website branding can make someone click on your page or leave altogether. Your website should be easy to navigate yet complex enough to display proficiency.
- Add value to your brand. If your website is attractive and well branded, visitors will flock to the site and spread the word among their friends. You, therefore, need to make sure that the logo is eye-catching and that the theme colors are just right. It takes a well-branded website to convince people to do business with your company.
- Enhance your marketing strategy. For any business to be successful at online marketing, your branding has to be just right. People are always drawn to what looks authentic and reputable. Your branding strategy has to be consistent to attract people both online and offline.
Website Branding Tips
Make a Strong Logo
When it comes to digital marketing, logos play a significant role. A distinct logo makes your business instantly recognizable to customers . When designed well, logos can catch the public’s interest and invite them to learn more about your products and services. Below are some tips on how to make a compelling logo:
- Make sure it creates a strong impression. A well-designed logo should mesmerize people at first glance. Make sure that it is unique and that its design is based on a new concept to stand out amongst your competitors. It should also be easily scalable to appear impressive on all media platforms. If a logo loses proportion when scaled, it portrays a failure in design. Similarly, the logo should still be visible when printed on a smaller surface.
- Use the right fonts. Make sure that your designer doesn’t just select typefaces randomly. Typefaces are supposed to portray the brand’s personality. A mismatch in typeface and brand personality is likely to send the wrong signal to your potential customers. Avoid using common gimmicky fonts. Instead, why not use unique ones exclusively created for your logo? Brands such as Coca-Cola stand out in the market simply because of their unique, custom fonts. Make sure that the colors are eye-catching and right for your brand as well. Nowadays, there are lots of free, high quality fonts available on the web. You can start your search for a distinctive typeface there.
- Simple is always better. Your website branding will always look better with a simple logo. Simple logos have one or two colors or fonts. Too many elements may create confusion and send mixed signals to viewers. The shape should also not be too complicated. Most globally successful businesses are represented by simple logos. Take, for example, Nike, Samsung, and Apple. Their logos are simple in design, and yet they are still eye-catching. Having a riot of colors and fonts in a logo makes it look chaotic, and many viewers may fail to understand the design.
Keep your Colors Consistent
According to color psychology, different colors can create different reactions and behaviors in humans. For a while now, digital marketing experts have been using this knowledge to their advantage. If you are keen enough, you might have noticed that many fast food industries use the color red in their advertisements. This is because red is known to trigger hunger.
Before settling on a given color, you should think of how you want to be perceived. Do not overload your website with too many color. A certain color association identifies some of the world’s biggest brands. While using one color might come across as boring and repetitive, maintaining consistency helps your messages stand out amongst other posts and tweets. It is not about sticking to one color, but rather finding a set of tones that complement each other.
When choosing your colors, you have to think about people with limited visibility. If you choose a light grey font color and the background is a dark grey, people won’t be able to easily read your words. Make sure your website is accessible to everyone.
Write a Winning Tagline
Taglines aren’t just some words next to the logo. They are vital in defining and differentiating your brand’s message. A great logo and a well-designed website won’t make sense if your tagline is off. Taglines are meant to tell potential customers what you are all about.
A good tagline should be able to answer some of the essential questions about your brand. Make sure that it sounds genuine and conveys the right message.
Another important factor that you need to consider when creating a tagline is simplicity. According to research, short words with single syllables are more likely to stick with people because they are easier to visualize and understand. On the other hand, longer ones take time to compute and require more time to grab the reader’s attention.
Your tagline should also be authentic. It should inspire others and not be inspired by other brands. If it feels second-hand, people will tend to question your originality and shy away from your business.
Lastly, your tagline must peak people’s curiosity. It has to draw people in and keep them engaged.
Keep your Branding Consistent
Brand consistency is all about delivering the same message, visual elements, and voice in every part of your website. This gives easy recognition to the targeted audience, and may even earn you more customers. People will tend to remember your brand more than any other thing in your company, so it has to be consistent and strong.
To sum it all up, a well-branded website is a combination of all of the components listed above. A strong brand is crucial to every business since it tells people what you deliver. If done well, it can attract more customers to your website.
If you need help branding your website and designing your brand, reach out to us!
Click here to sign up for a 30 minute complimentary strategy session.