5 Tips on how Trending Topics Help to Earn Links and Relevant Traffic
Looking to step up your SEO strategy? Learn how to use trending topics to build valuable backlinks and earn traffic.
Do you have a purpose to your online presence?
Regardless of the reason for your website, it will not be fulfilled without the right audience. To get the right audience you need content which is the only medium to reach and establish a relation with them.
Content is the most common source to create a connection with the target audience.
But there are challenges with publishing content and the most common are:
- The content becomes boring
- Your content is repetitive
- You’re not creating valuable content
- Your content is irrelevant to your audience
If you’re indeed publishing content like that you’re publishing without purpose.
One of the best ways to step up your content game is to take advantage of trending topics.
SEO works great with trending topics as it is the most legitimate way to earn links and traffic. To improve rankings, publishing trending content is the most feasible way to reach clients.
Here are 5 tips on how to use Trending Topics Help to Earn Links and Relevant Traffic
1. Always Stay Ahead of the Trend
There are two aspects to this, first, you follow popular trending topics relevant to your customers’ interests. The second is to be creative and publish content based on the topic that exclusively belongs to you.
People love to read about current topics, and you can take advantage of that. Add your voice to what’s trending and let your audience connect with you as an influencer.
There’s two types of trending topics: general and what’s relevant to your niche.
Don’t make the mistake of keeping up with what’s not relevant to your audience…
Use an app like Brandwatch to monitor only what’s relevant to your audience.
BrandWatch Audiences makes it simple to find groups of people based on what matters to you – their demographics, passions, professions, where they’re based, and who they follow and engage with.
Powerful search, instant results.
2. Create, Curate, And Develop Your Content
The more optimized your content is, the more potential it has to fetch you links and relevant traffic.
It makes a huge difference whether you create blog posts; focus on writing in-depth articles or multimedia content. Make sure that the content types you pick match your brand’s style and products.
Use social media, reliable and dependable sites to increase the credibility of your work.
This will also increase the dimension of your audience and you will be catering to a huge audience as well.
3. Try to Share and Spread Content as Much Possible
Generating content alone is simply not enough.
Even if you create wow content, unless it is shared and reaches the target audience, the work does not get it due credit.
How to share the content perfectly to get the right attention?
Follow these steps to help you to reach your goals:
- Run campaigns in all your relevant social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook.
- Share your content in the Facebook groups which are related to your niche
- Do not hesitate to ask your colleagues and peer groups to share your content
- Always make the most of your content. For example if you have written content, make sure to convert it to video to cover more channels and reach and wider audience.
4. Relevant Content Is Not Just Words, They Are Much More
No one is interested in reading a long and boring blog post.
Spice them up with images, videos, and other relevant stuff.
Yes, it’s true you do need in-depth content to rank higher and engage your audience, but you HAVE to use infographics, PPT’s and high quality images to get people to consume and share your information.
Keep in mind you audience is comprised of real people with real short attention spans, so breaking up lengthy blocks of text with image assets is a benefit.
By doing so, you will increase the user engagement from the audience and consequently earn more links.
There are a few great reasons why you should invest your effort, money, and time into creating appealing visual content, read more about it here.
5. Never Forget About Your Industry
If it feels like I’m bringing up ‘niche specific’ content a lot — I am.
The biggest content marketing errors I see are site owners publishing content that is NOT relevant to their audience.
Your content needs to speak to your audience.
Think about your perfect customer and the kinds of problems they have.
We want to really hone in on who this person is, especially what kinds of things they would be interested in and be searching for online.
These are some of the most common problems that content marketers face:
- Content performance issues. No one likes to hear this, but many digital content marketers deliver mediocre solutions. They just follow what everyone else is doing and fail to offer something new to their target audience.
- Lack of specialty. You don’t want to be the Jack of all trades and master of none. We’re seeing that all the time in content marketing, with campaigns shattered across all channels and not delivering masterful results in any of them.
- No resources. Free content marketing is possible, but you still need some resources if you want to develop a masterful campaign.
BONUS TIP: SEO Optimization – It Works
Armed with a basic understanding of SEO and how to optimize your content and you’ll be ready to rock.
Content writing is a skill that requires research, whit, finesse and relatability before you can make your content truly impressive. If you fulfill those requirements, you can maximize the number of readers on your blog. To keep them engaged, you must follow a specific structure while writing and include only information that is relevant to your audience.
Content writers constantly strive to create content that leaves an impression on their readers. The right online tools can make this task exponentially easier.
Online content creation is vital for most businesses, and tapping into “great content ideas” that resonate can be a challenge.
Almost every business needs content to be written in one form or the other, whether is an email, blog posts or sales pages that are essential to converting your site visitors, and there are some free online tools always come handy to create impactful content.
Click here to get some amazing free tools to make creating your content a lot easier.