7 Ways to Improve Your Customers Experience
Trying to grow your business? Invest in your customers experience before investing in anything else. Here are 7 ways to improve your customers experience.
When you run a business, one of the most recurring question you’re likely to ask yourself is, what do you need to do to make it grow?
This answer will differ from business to business, nevertheless, it’s a question that needs answers. One of the best solutions that you’ll find to this problem is investing more in your customers.
Customer satisfaction is something that should never be compromised as they’re the people who keep your business going. In light of this, ensuring that the experience of every customer supersedes their expectation should be your aim.
Here are seven ways that you can improve your customer’s experience.
1. Evaluate Their Present Experience
In order to improve the experience of your customers, it’s crucial that you first know what their experience is. This requires that you actively listen to your customers instead of assuming. Many times, you will get the information that you’re looking for if you simply ask.
Here are two ways to get more insight into their current experience.
- Questionnaires: As mentioned earlier, in order to understand your customer’s present experiences, the best course of action would be to simply ask. Find ways to get them to give feedback whether it be through a quick survey that offers incentives or asking after a customer service call. To get customers to take surveys, use online mediums and give them feedback by publishing your findings.
- Social Listening: For brands that are active on social media, you have a golden opportunity to make use of social listening. Thankfully there are tools out there which should help your draw data from social media platforms, analyze this data, and enable you respond to messages within the app. By social listening, you get to hear firsthand what people have to say about your brand whether good or bad.
2. Take Feedback Seriously
Another must when it comes to improving the customer experience is taking feedback seriously. After you’ve gotten it from the questionnaires or social listening activities, ensure you put a strategy in place that allows you to implement the necessary changes. Not only does this give your customers confidence that you’re actually listening to what they’re saying, but it shows them that you care about their needs.
To use customer feedback to improve your business, try using CRM systems to help identify trends and patterns in the data. It also helps to have a sophisticated CRM that’s capable of integrating with other apps and tools so you can gather feedback in one place and assign tasks to the right people.
3. Give Them Branded Merch
Most people are thrilled at the idea of getting things free and your customers won’t be an exception. For loyal customers who continue to purchase from your business, give them branded merchandise every now and again. One type of free merch that they may appreciate is a free t-shirt, so consider this option. You can order these shirts online and use t-shirt PSD templates so you see how it will look on before making a purchase.
Aside from t-shirts, another great gift idea would be calendars or professional notebooks. Ultimately, think about what they would most appreciate and gift it to them from time to time.
4. Anticipate Their Needs
Thinking about what your customers need before they ask could also improve their experience.
This is where innovation comes in as you should always be looking for ways to improve. Think about creative ways that you can offer services or communicate with customers so that they feel like you’re always looking for ways to serve them. Anticipating your customer’s needs is so important as it helps you stay current and keeps you on your toes.
5. Improve Response Times
Communication is a major part of the customer experience, so try and improve it in every way possible.
One approach would be to work on speeding up your response time. In this age of instant messaging, people’s expectations have changed so many customers expect timely responses. For this reason, technology such as chatbots have become far more pervasive. Think about introducing technology or hiring more customer service representatives so that timely responses become an integral part of your business.
You can also use social media to improve response times as most brands are doing nowadays. To respond to social media complaints, try and do so within an hour, be friendly, and also be consistent with your responses.
6. Add More Value
Following on from a point mentioned above, it’s important that you’re able to add value to the lives of your customers. People are constantly looking for solutions to their problems and ways to make their lives easier to live. Think about how you can further provide such solutions as this will be the way to your customer’s heart.
Here are a few ways that you can add value.
- Offer Products They Need: Every business will notice that they have certain products that perform better than others. Understand why these products are performing well and what need they’re meeting. In doing so, you’ll find clues that will help you further develop those products or develop new ones. Remember that every good product should solve a problem.
- Share Helpful Content: An additional way that you could add value to your customers is by sharing helpful content. This is another thing customers tend to look for online, so deliver it directly to their emails through the use of newsletters. If you’ve got a blog, that’s also a great place to share valuable content.
7. Make Purchasing Easy
If you happen to have an e-commerce store, make it visually appealing and easy to use.
You can do so by having a graphics designer and web developer on standby that can update both your website and store so that the buying process is seamless. You want to take note of things such as how fast your site is working as well as how easy it is to navigate. In addition to this, they should have multiple payment options and checking out shouldn’t be confusing in any way. If it is, you will find more abandoned carts and complaints than you’d like.
When trying to grow your business, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the business growth tips online. By focusing on your customers experience, you’ll find that you will reach your goals much quicker.